|Timber species||Red cedar|
|Dimensions (l x w)||405mm length, variable widths from 75–355mm|
- No. 1 grade blue label shingles (Commonly known as Five-X)
- Recommended for premium applications where a high quality finish is required
- Certi-label product assurance
- Smooth, taper-sawn with a natural appearance
Not all cedar shake and shingle products are alike. Certi-label products, manufactured by Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau members, assure you of the highest quality standards. Member mills have committed to consistent quality through independent third-party inspections by accredited agencies. Each bundle of product has the mill's distinctive Certi-label tucked under the bundle strap. Asking for "the blue label" or "number one blue label" is not specific enough. Cedar Bureau members' products are the only ones with the Certi brand name on the label.
- 1 Bundle on roofs with a 19º > pitch - 2.32 sq. metres
- 1 Bundle on roofs with a pitch 14 - 19º - 1.76 sq. metres
- 1 Bundle on vertical sidewalls - 3.45 sq. metres
Exposure is the portion of the shingle that when on the roof or wall is exposed to the weather.
Roofs with a pitch of 14-19 degrees 95mm
Roofs with a pitch of 19 degrees and steeper 125mm
Walls (single course) 175mm
Walls (double course) 300mm
Five-X Shingle Specifications
- Length: 405mm
- Butt thickness: 10mm
Width (per shingle): The minimum width is 75mm with a minus tolerance down to 65mm in up to 30% of the bundle. The maximum width is 355mm.
Fivex shingles are supplied in bundles. For the purposes of transporting and storing the dimensions of a bundle are listed below.
- Length: 635mm
- Width: 482mm
- Height: 228mm
- Weight: Up to 35kg
1.8 x 31mm stainless steel annular ring shank nails are recommended for installing Western Red Cedar shingles. A 1kg pack of nails will install approximately 4 bundles of shingles.